Saturday, December 27, 2008

Raving Cravings

Perhaps it is cabin fever setting in on me, but I have had really strong cravings over the past couple of days. Christmas Eve, I HAD to have Chicken Tikka Masala. Christmas Day, a box, no that is not a typo, an ENTIRE BOX of Chips Ahoy.

I have been doing OK on exercise. Yesterday my hubby and I knocked out four miles. On Christmas Eve, I did two miles solo. The food cravings are just ruining it all. When I get a craving, if I do not feed it until it goes away, it will linger, ruining my entire day. I'm like a junkie coming down. I keep thinking about it until it consumes me and I give in.

Sure you might be thinking, just have a few Chips Ahoy, you don't need the entire box. Oh you would be wrong my dear friend. The last cookie in the box is apparently what quiets the voices in my little Polipino head.

I went to see a movie called "The Boy in Striped Pajamas" today. Not exactly the feel good movie of the year. Before I went into the theater, I loaded up with a popcorn(extra butter and salt) and a large cherry coke. There was so much butter in the bag, it seeped through and left a perfect circle of grease(not the John Travolta kind) on my jeans. I treated the stain with baking soda and threw them in the washer. We'll see if the crispy puffs coated in golden melty goodness scored another casuality besides my calorie count for the day.

What's the craving of the hour you ask? Donuts. Sweet, doughy and warm. Maybe they are frosted with chocolate and filled with custard, dipped in milk. Perhaps a simple glazed. You know the feeling I'm having. It is the same one you get when you drive past Krispy Kreme and you see that glowy "hot" light on. If I get there and see you in line, we'll just avert our eyes and pretend we never saw each other. I'm a giver like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My craving is chocolate....anyway I can get it, and I'd take intravenously if I could. Oooo, and coffee. I loves me some coffee. I had to swear off the starbucks though cuz of the calories. My widening ass took the pleasure out of starbucks. When I knew I'd feel sexier with venti cups duct taped to my ass, it helped me curb my desire.