Friday, December 19, 2008

Holy Awesome Wife Batman

If you read this blog, you know my husband is the bestest. He takes very good care of me. So for his birthday, I ordered him a copy of The Dark Knight because he loves it so. It is pretty bad ass.
Photobucket
I had already pre-ordered a copy from Blockbuster, but he recently got a PS3, so I wanted to get him a Blu-ray limited edition double disc in the Batpod.

Since bootcamp, I've become pretty used to getting up early and going to bed early. A midnight release had become a pretty big deal for me. Halladay Celebration and I both had Angel tree kids to shop for, so we hit Toys R Us. While I'm on subject, check out the frames I painted for them. The little boy is a spiderman fan.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I was pretty excited. Anyway, we go shopping and I head home. I was exhausted. I was sure I wasn't going to make it to the witching hour. I figured I will just get the regular copy later. He didn't need to be surprised.

I made some soup and crawled into bed with my husband. He rolls over and pulls me close. He kisses my forehead and whispers that he loves me. Shit. I wonder if he knows the amount of guilt laid on my little Polipino head. I let him drift into a half sleep and creep out of bed.

It was supposed to be warmer, but apparently, no one told Mother Nature. I know I'm in for about an hour wait outside. I bundle up and head off to Best Buy. When I get there, I can tell I'm about to stand in line with the coolest people on the planet.
Photobucket
Someone starts adjusting the light when I hear someone yell "don't move it or he won't come!" I begin to wonder how many 30 year-old-virgins I'm going to meet. Well, the short answer is: a lot.
Photobucket
I can't judge. I was out there too. I collect my prize and head home. I've never seen my husband so elated. I had to remind him that our wedding day was the best day of his life, not this one. I don't think he was listening, but in his defense, the movie is stunning in Blu-ray. Holla.

3 comments:

DPA said...

That Batman light IS pretty fucking cool. I wonder if I can put that permanently on my ceiling. Hey, if I'm not sleeping with a girl, I can at least PRETEND I'm Batman.

Kat said...

The genius of marketing has just what you are looking for my friend.
http://www.geekalerts.com/batman-alarm-clock-radio-with-bat-signal/

Anonymous said...

That's love.