Friday, December 19, 2008

One bourbon, one shot, one beer

Let me start out by saying that I don't really drink too much now. Sure there was a time in college when I would have a couple of shots and dance on a bar, but let's face it, my back just can't take the climb anymore.

I was kindly invited to see a screening of a movie called "Dirty Country." It is a documentary about a guy named Larry Pierce. He is a sweet guy who lives in a small town in Indiana and sings dirty, filthy country songs. My favorite is "She makes my peter stand up." It's a love song, can't you tell? Afterwards, Larry sang a few songs for us. The movie was pretty entertaining and the songs were really entertaining. I bought a CD for my husband because the humor is right up his alley.

The movie was shown at Bluegrass Brewing Company and of course, I had a beer. I knew it was a school night, but I figured one wouldn't kill me. That would have been fine had I gone straight home after the show, but someone, we'll call her "bad influence girl," suggests we all go to Stevie Ray's(a nearby bar) for a few drinks. Can you guess which one she is in the picture?
Photobucket

Let me just say, I had the best intentions. I got there and started to order a soda pop. My new friend Stu was buying and insisted I mix something with it. Ok, he was nice enough to invite me. I'll bite. This glass was filled with bourbon lightly colored, nay, barely scented with coke. I begin to sip. Still doing fine.

Larry's wife is a great lady who is just the life of the party. She decides to buy all the girls shots. I figure this is where I should put my foot down and do the responsible thing. That didn't work.
Photobucket
Oh dear. This could be bad. Maybe 10 minutes past and guess what happens again.
Photobucket

Then next morning, I had trouble figuring out if throwing up would make me feel better or not, but soon, my body didn't give me a choice. For those who are laughing at me for being a light weight, read Larry's card.
Photobucket
You said it buddy.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

You make me happy my friend for updating the blog world ... i miss you when you are gone so long. I can't believe you called Paula a bad influence though. : )