Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Husband, The Hero

My husband and I have survived our first year of marriage and what a wild and amazing ride it has been! After we celebrated our first anniversary, I know the best years are yet to come.

Since our anniversary actually fell on Monday, we decided we would celebrate on Saturday. He said he had a day of surprises in store, so I was to dress up and not ask any questions.

We went to my friend Kerri's house where we had some champagne. She was all dressed up too, so I had to assume she was doing something with us. I was then informed that my other friends Renee and Brooke were also in on this deal. (Brooke ended up not being able to come because of a family emergency, but she was missed.) The doorbell rang and outside, a limo was waiting for us. We were introduced to our driver Tom who ended up being a wealth of knowledge about the city of Louisville. Go figure.

Inside the limo were huge gift bags for each of us with our names on them.
Photobucket
They were stuffed with girl treats like chocolate, shampoo, soap, bubble bath, candles, dvds and gift cards to several stores at the Oxmoor Mall, which turned out to be our next destination.

Photobucket
So we sipped on champagne until we got there.
His plan was that we would go on a shopping and get little treats from Macy's, Sephora, Bath and Body Works, and Old Navy. He would meet up with us later.
Photobucket
Check us out at Macy's. Yes, I did wear the tiara the whole time.
I picked up a ring with leaves vining together. It reminded me of the night he proposed with leaves he had picked for me when we first met. He loves me, even though I make faces like this.
Photobucket
After all that shopping, we were pretty hungry. We got back into the limo where there was a bottle of wine chilling and a box of chocolate covered strawberries.
Photobucket
Yum! The white chocolate ones were my favorite.
Photobucket
We devoured them even though we knew we were heading to dinner. I was thrilled to find out we were eating at Morton's The Steakhouse! They even had special menus at our table.
Photobucket
I had steak and lobster.
Photobucket
Renee and Kerri had steak and seafood. There was so much food, but we muscled through and ate our fill, especially the mac and cheese.
Photobucket
The chef gave me a hat, but we agreed the tiara was more fitting.
Photobucket
After an amazing dinner we were off to our next destination. We were all pretty sure we knew where this was ending. Jeremy proposed at The Brown Hotel, we were married at The Brown Hotel. C'mon, I'm slow, but I was pretty sure I knew where we were going.
Sure enough, my darling husband was waiting in front for me.
Photobucket
Photobucket
We said goodnight to the girls and Jeremy and I headed into the hotel.
Photobucket
He had reserved the same room we had for our wedding night and filled it with candles and more wine and champagne.

I lost my camera in all the excitement so I am relying on my friends for these pics. It was truly one of the most wonderful days of my life.

No day is complete without cake. My friend Leah Stewart made us a special cake to eat on the day of our anniversary, but honestly we hacked into that sucker almost as soon as we got it home.

Photobucket
I'm Batman and I approve this message.

3 comments:

Lisa Hornung said...

Wow. You are so lucky.
And I can't believe you've been married a year! Crazy!

Jessie said...

He is a gem of a man ... and now I"m officially a blog stalker. Missed you this morning. : )

Jesse said...

Wow, all that cuteness, and then Batman-my head's all a-splodey.