Monday, November 17, 2008

The Little Things

It is the first day of the last week of boot camp. I had a hard time sleeping last night. I drifted off at about 1 a.m. and the alarm went off at about 4:30 a.m. Bah! No excuses, no excuses. Normally I would have talked myself out of going, but I had dinner last night at the Kerri Cafe, which means my friend Kerri got her weekly CSA and cooked all the vegetables and me and three fellow boot campers went over and ate them. Hella good, you wouldn't believe it was good for you. Highly recommend Kerri Cafe located inside the Richardson Ranch. Call for reservations and make sure you try the soup.

Anyway, I knew if I didn't show for boot camp, I would have three bad ass chicks knockin at my door wondering where the hell I was. Truth be told, even though Renee is the one we refer to as "Pollyanna," I fear her most when it comes to exercise. Demons I tell you, she has exercise demons! So I layered, layered, layered, and headed out the door.

I don't want to say it was cold, but during the warm up, my nipple cut through the seventy layers I had put on to keep me warm. They seperated us into groups and we had to do exercises like lifting, jump rope, tricep dips, so on and so forth. In between each exercise, one person from the group had to run down to the fountain and get a new exercise card. I am proud to say, I ran both ways! One exercise in particular almost did me in today. You wrap a huge rubber band around your ankles and side step. I had no idea I even had a muscle group where it hurt. I'm wondering how that will affect my walking tomorrow. It was a pretty hard workout and in no time I was shedding layers like I was working the pole.

I left boot camp feeling pretty good about myself, but very tired. I confess, I crawled back into bed for about 15 minutes after I showered.funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

Even though I didn't want to get up, I didn't want to go to boot camp or work, I did. I don't have any meetings today, so it was a jeans day. I pulled a pair out of the bottom drawer. The dreaded bottom drawer full of jeans that I can wear if I lay down and wiggle and eventually button to form a huge muffin top. I follow the dressing ritual by trying to find a sweatshirt big enough to disguise it a little. Not today. I slipped them right on and then ziiiiiiip! Oh yeah. They aren't loose, but soon I tell you, soon.

No comments: