Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dude, weeeeak!

Girl power was in full force today and we all had the giggles. What a great way to start out the day. On the way to boot camp, the 90's channel was rockin LFO, Summer Girls. LFO is ridiculous, but I'm secure enough with myself to say that I freaking LOVE their lyrics. C'mon, they like girls who wear Abercrombie and Fitch. Lyrical genius. For those of you who don't remember, here ya go.


At least it knocked the hampster on a piano song out of my head. If you haven't had the pleasure, make sure you check it out for a definite mood boost.


My friends Jessie, Brooke and Renee kept me laughing through most of the warm up. Needless to say, I was feeling pretty pumped. We got out our weights and mats and I thought it would be smooth sailing as I have always been better with weight training than cardio. Lucky, lucky me. They incorporated both. We began with shoulder presses and just when I thought I couldn't lift the weight one more time, the whistle blew and they called for us to pulse the weight up. This torment continued through tricep lifts, dumbell squats with sprinkles of jumping jacks and burpies in between. I realized at this point how weak I was.

For added fun, we practiced agility by running through cones and rings and other nonsense of the sort. On the upside, I stayed with a slow jog and didn't throw up. Go me.

Back to the mat. It was time to work on abs. Crunches with dumbells. What drunken aerobics bunny dreamed this one up? We followed them with something called a Russian twist. I dated a Russian once. Nice looking but his English needed some work. This exercise was just about as awkward as our first date.
cat
more animals

I left wishing I could hold the planks we did for the full 30 second intervals. Perhaps that will be my goal to hit before boot camps ends. One day and one week left. When it is over, I'll be ready to kick some ass.
funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I don't understand why NKOTB's hits and chinese food making me sick come together in this song, but it was good for a laugh. Gotta love the white boy rap hand gestures ... too much!
And the hamster, oh my.
Thanks for the laugh. It's been a rough morning since I left bootcamp. Suddenly I'm all filled with missing Jeff and thinking about his boys and just wishing he would call. But I'm resolved in my determination not to call him. It just sucks. You start to feel better and then for no apparent reason, your stuck in the sadness again. Love ya and thanks for the morning laughs.

Unknown said...

That hamster on a piano thing is crazy stupid. Where do you find this dreck, polipino? =)