Thursday, November 6, 2008

Petty, coat, junk, shun

Have you ever gone to an event and you felt like you were having a really good time, but it was nothing compared to talking about what a good time you had afterwards?

This morning I got up without an alarm. I didn't feel much like moving. The air outside seemed warm, but I still brought a coat. I ended up not needing it. Isn't it supposed to be freakin November? Damn Kentucky weather.

It was "junk yard" day at boot camp. You run through some hurdles, rings, obstacles, sprinting, shuffling, grapevining, more shuffling and then you pick up something from the junk yard. In this case the junk was bananas, granola bars, bottles of water and the like. Then you have to put it all back, but you do exercises depending on what kind of junk you picked up. It may have been one of the most challenging days of boot camp yet. One of the obstacles was pushing a 7500 pound truck! My heart felt like it was going to explode, my lungs were burning and my legs almost gave out during the last run through.

I told my buddy Jessie that I was not speaking to her because she is the one who got me into this mess. I even through out an inappropriate comment during stretching and she almost went all Detroit on me. Which would mean I would have to go all Yuma, Ariz. on her. For those of you who don't know, that means she would kick the crap out of me and I would lay there and sweat and cry. Luckily it was toward the end of boot camp. We were so exhausted, so if she had come after me, it probably would have been the funniest ass kicking I've ever gotten. I should know. With a mouth like mine, I've gotten plenty of ass kickings.

Renee and I carpooled today and the 90's station let us rock out to Candy Rain by Soul for Real and Rush, Rush by Paula Abdul. We discussed the battle between ABC and Kriss Kross "at the playgrouuuuund, that's where I saw this cutie."

When I got home, my husband was rubbing his eyes and just getting out of bed. I couldn't wait to tell him of all my adventures before the sun even came up, but he wasn't having it. He totally blew me off! Fear not, he will be punished. Next time we have intimate time, I'm going all Yuma on his ass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great title!!!