Friday, November 7, 2008

TGI what the F?

Oh how I would welcome the weekend with open arms, if I could only lift them.

We are officially at the end of week two for boot camp. My husband had to go out of town for work last night so I thought it would be nifty to drown my lonliness in my anniversary cake stuffed with chocolate truffle and cream cheese from Gallery House. Holla. Yes, that is what I had for dinner. Don't judge me.

I have been working my butt off at boot camp for two long weeks and dammit I deserved a treat. So at first I picked at it when I passed it. It sat there in our glass cake stand wooing me with its buttercream frosting. I grabbed a fork. I don't know when I decided to fling the utensils to the side, ram my face into the side of its decadent sweetness and just began to chew. Ok, it didn't quite happen like that, but after several slices, I decided the rest of the cake would be better off with the kids next door.

I figured I'd work it off at boot camp this morning. It didn't rain early this morning, so instead of yoga, we were at Cherokee Park for cardio day. What is cardio day? I'm glad you asked. It is apparently a day set aside to see if you can literally run so much you throw up a kidney. I'm convinced the coaches did not get the memo about Friday being a day of rest. Either that or they were not hugged enough as children. I don't want to sound like they are mean. They are actually quite supportive. Everytime you pass one they give you a peppy, "good job." Translated it means "Congratulations on not passing out despite the lack of air in your lungs/blood in your face."

When I got home, I got dressed in a new outfit. I have some new stockings I wanted to try out and I needed a pick me up. I realized that today's workout had actually made my calves swell. For the record, sucking air in sharply does not work the same way for zipping up boots as it does for jeans. Nonetheless, I was looking cute, so I owned it. I even got a compliment on my stockings, but it was short lived as I realized minutes later that my spanx were sticking out from the bottom of my hem. Awesome.

No comments: