Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Amazing Polipino

Today was Amazing Race day at boot camp. They gave us a card with several tasks and we had to finish them twice. Jessie was sweet enough to partner up with me, even though I run like I'm stuck in mud. I have been sick and missed boot camp for two days, so needless to say, it was not my finest hour.

My buddies Brooke and Renee were given a road block which meant they had to do additional exercise. In their case, it was giving each other a piggy back ride. Jessie and I watched in horror, secretly praying that we wouldn't get one of those. Jessie is a tall, leggy blonde and even though I think my little legs would have been able to carry her weight, there is a pretty good chance her feet would still reach the ground as I carried her, so it would have looked like she was mounting me. On the flip side, she would have found out how much weight can be packed into a five foot Polipino, and I'm pretty sure she would have cursed the day she met me. As my husband tells me, I'm not little, I'm concentrated.

We didn't finish all the exercises, but I got to write quite a few in my handy dandy exercise/food journal. I knew I could have done more, but still I feel pretty proud for what was accomplished. I really didn't want to get out of bed and start up again, but feeling better about myself will happen one day at a time. Right now, I'm eating grilled squash for lunch instead of a burger. Now that is frickin amazing.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Girl ... you did great today and you did not drag me down at all. We got is so many things and we were only 2.5 exercises short of finishing. These were tough exercises and we rocked it. If you want, I'll make you do shuttle runs after camp tomorrow to make up. : ) Just kidding. You were an awesome partner in so many ways today ... just what I needed in my weepy state. Thanks for getting me through and give me all the hugs I needed. Love you tons ... and I am glad I didn't have to carry you or you me.