Friday, August 8, 2008

You Spin Me Right Round

I'm back on the spinning bandwagon. I have joined spinning classes before and I am quite familiar with the heart pounding, lung burning, ass aching experience. Each time I restart, getting back in is a little easier. Don't get me wrong, this morning there is a sore spot in the shape of a bicycle seat where the good lord split me and I'm walking like I've been riding a horse, but it is not the agonizing crotch numbing stroll through hell I recall the first time I took a spin class.



I actually really enjoyed the class, mainly because of the instructor. She had just gotten back from vacation and although she appeared to be the typical gorgeous gung-ho size nothing workout bunnies, her personality was anything but. She talked about loving big meals, drinking beer and pushing through the workout regardless. I think she understood that not everyone craves the "workout burn" and some of us are just trying to make it through the hour without fainting or projectile vomiting.



I was inspired by my buddies joining a four week boot camp to get into shape. They have also changed their eating habits in a dramatic fashion. I'm making an effort to stay away from certain foods, but let's face it, I'm a creature of habit, so I will have to take baby steps. "Walking like a cowboy" baby steps.

1 comment:

vanilla said...

Dude this does not make me want to try spinning or the other workout you mentioned in a later post. Blargh...zumba and yoga for me.