Wednesday, August 13, 2008

All by myself

So last night I thought I would try working out at home with some weights using some of the techniques I had learned at group power a couple of days ago. I loading my mp3 player (no, I am not cool enough to own an ipod) with an hour and 10 minutes of music so I could time my workout. I felt like I was doing the same thing and I'm a little tight, but don't feel like I got the workout I do in group sessions. When I leave the gym, I look like I really abused myself. My hair is drenched with sweat, my shirt is completely wet and I have a general pissed off look about me. At home, it was a very light sweat and I don't feel like I worked as hard. Afterwards, my husband rewarded me with a pulled pork sandwich and mac and cheese.

So at home, it is an easier workout and I get treats at the end. Remind me why I pay membership at the gym? Oh yeah, I need someone to kick my ass unless I plan on keeping it at an unusally large size until I'm 90.

No comments: