Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fear and the angry carrot

I have decided to set goals to help keep myself on track. The first on is a tough one. I've decided to run/walk the mini marathon in April. It gives me a couple of months, but one of the problems is that you have to keep a 15 minute mile for 13 miles. For many people this is not an issue. I'm five foot nothing. I have to struggle to keep a 17 minute mile. This is going to take some work. So today I set out for my group weight lifting class and figure since I have not been to the gym in two days, I needed to push myself. I used heavier weights. I felt the burn but sweated less. Go figure. After class, I felt like I could use some cardio so off to the cardio theater I went.

There was a terrible movie on so I concentrated on the workout and wished I had brought my headphones. I huffed and puffed and even jogged for 7 minutes briskly walking in between. 17 minute mile. I'm getting scared. I did a half mile cool down walk and felt the fear of failure breathing down my now sweat laden neck.

The next obstacle is eating better. This is going to be by far the hardest. I have tried to switch to lean cuisine for lunch and frankly it is just pissing me off. Someone told me to eat some carrots to help fill me. I swear god is laughing at me, because I found a mini carrot that was making a face at me. So I made him a hat.
Photobucket
Playing with my food always makes me feel better, but this is not gonna be easy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

1) LOVE the hat!! :-)
2) To me the carrot is saying "Please don't eat me."
3) Some other things you can eat to try and fill up that won't make faces at you:
- bag of 100 calorie popcorn (comes in a yummy kettle corn flavor as well as butter)
- peanut butter (which has good protein) on bread/toast.