Sunday, August 24, 2008

Gumption and Punctuality

My high school English teacher Mr. Qualls would be so proud to hear me say that is sucks to be late. My husband lost his glasses before I was supposed to head off to my spinning class this morning. About 15 minutes before class, I basically had decided that I was not going. Voila. We find the glasses. My husband grins and says I can't use him as an excuse. I grab my water bottle, a towel and run out the door. I am still about 2 minutes late. Not huge, but I missed part of the warm up, which I have found is pretty important to me and I really didn't get to adjust my bike to the perfect settings. This meant my crotch went numb about half way through class.

Right about half way through class, I also notice something very important. I had given up. I felt weak and helpless and I wanted to go home. It took me almost 15 minutes to work myself up to staying with the class. Maybe it was the lack of warm up, maybe it was weak will, but I indeed gave up for 15 minutes.

I finished the class strong with my heart pounding in my throat and head and a sweat soaked t-shirt. I still shoulda been on time.

No comments: