Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pizza Hurts so Good

I blew off my spinning class with another bout of insomnia under my belt. My husband ordered pizza last night, which is not my weakness. However, the cheezy bread that came with it, that is another story.

I pounded what had to be a pound of cheese and dough and marinara sauce. Feeling stuffed, I went to bed and set my alarm for 5am, thinking I would grab an early spinning class. It took everything in me, but I dragged my butt out of bed and off I went to the gym. In a daze, I got half way to the wrong location. I hurried in because I didn't want to be late, but I didn't get much of a pre-warm up.

That may have been where I went terribly wrong. Apparently it was Metallica day, which means the typically kind instructor turns into a maniacal machine pushing you through ungodly hills. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some good butt kickin metal, but he also played Creed. Seriously, if Nickelback was in the rotation, I would have left. There is only so much one person can take.

So I'm ready to start my day. This class didn't give me the vigor that I felt from Sunday's class, but it is still early and I made an awesome breakfast with turkey bacon and avocados. Yum.

No comments: