Saturday, August 23, 2008

Walking and Weights

I have neglected my blogger responsibility, but still have kept on the exercise track. Yesterday I was on the treadmill while watching Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins. Not my choice, it was what the gym had in the Cardio Theater. Three miles of walking and jogging and then I went home. I'm now toying with the idea of working my way into a mini-marathon, but I've got months to think about that. Perhaps I'll work treadmill in once a week, although I found it kind of boring and hard to stick with.

Today is was group power/weight lifting. I was late because I read the schedule wrong. This is the second time I have been late to this class. The worst part is that you need to collect materials so I was doing that as the class warmed up. Suck.

Right off the bat the squats hurt, even during warm up. During the actual leg section, I opted to leave the weights on the floor and my legs were still shaking. Last class I felt like I needed more weight on the bar. This class I was shaking with the slightest amount on the bar. It didn't help that there was a woman twice my age rocking twice as much weight right next to me. I wanted to push her down and scream "quit showing off granny!"

Let's face it, she coulda kicked my ass.

No comments: