Monday, June 29, 2009

Getting Ahead of Myself

Today training called for a quick two miles. No biggie. I could do that in my sleep now. Or so I thought.

I was feeling pretty empowered by the weekend's five mile jog and thought I would skimp on the warm up. The weather was beautiful for once. I thought it was a sign that I should just go ahead and push myself from the beginning. Oh how I paid for that little mishap.

I need to keep reminding myself that I am conditioning my body, not punishing it.

I came home and did a little stretch and make steak and salad. As I ate, all I could think of was how silly I was for trying to go too far too quickly.

All in good time grasshopper.

Damn.

1 comment:

Jessica Marie said...

HAHA. i knew we'd make you watch a movie!

steak and salad sounds yum. where's mine?