Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It Cakes Two Baby

Anyone who knows me knows I have little self control when it comes to food. My latest weakness comes in the form of a shop that specializes in cupcakes, aptly named "The Cupcake Shoppe." Not entirely inventive name, but it doesn't have to be, I love it just the way it is. They have created a cupcake so entirely perfect, it brings a tear to my eye. We'll get to that in a minute.

I have had a pretty rotten couple of weeks as my husband and I are trying to buy our first house. After three weeks of brutal negotiation, a bad appraisal and then a home inspection, we are walking away from the house. My nerves are raw. My husband and I have been sniping at each other. We are both exhausted. As soon as we decided to walk away, a cloud lifted and everything seemed brighter. So to celebrate, I stopped to get two perfect cupcakes for dessert tonight.

Now I must tell you my husband rarely eats sweets. I thought he would make an exception after I told him the wonders of fluffy cake with baked in strawberries topped with fresh whipped cream and a strawberry. I was wrong. The giddy, sarcastic, playful man I love is back. He didn't want to eat it. At the same time, he didn't want me to have it. Yes, he makes childish decisions, but look who he married. I can't fault him.

The conversation went like this:
Hubby: You gave it to me. It's mine. You can't have it.
Polipino: I bought it.
Hubby: I bought your wedding ring.
Polipino: We've been married almost two years. How long are you gonna use that?
Hubby: Until you stop being wife and become 'the plaintiff.'

I ate the cupcake. Both of them.

Half Marathon training starts tomorrow.

2 comments:

Amber Enea said...

ahhh...cupcakes at the end of the tunnel. :)

Jessica Marie said...

oh man i HAVE to try these cupcakes out!

-Jessica
{life, handmade goodness, and ice cream}
http://pinkneedle.blogspot.com