Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Training Schmaining

I've been trying to stick to the mini-marathon training schedule. I'm not trying to break any records. I just want to be able to finish without thinking I'm going to die. I've been pretty good for the past couple of days. I think it is amusing that I'll look at the schedule and if it calls for one mile instead of two or four or whatever, I think to myself "why even bother if you are only going to go ONE mile."

That moment reminded me of the time when one mile was a pretty big deal to me. I used to absolutely dread walking/running a mile and now I know that it is no big thing. It gave me hope that one day I will look at five miles like no big thing. It is what kept me going through some nasty shin and foot pain yesterday.

Halladay Celebration laid out the walking routes for me. She said the reason I'm all skeered is because I haven't done it and it is new/unknown. She assured me that I would not die during this and that if I do it once, it will be a lot less scary the next time.

I'm heading to Michigan tomorrow and I'm concerned that I will get off track because, well, it is 15 farking degrees. I've walked in some pretty chilly weather, but c'mon, that is just unnecessary. My mom said she'll take me to the mall and we'll do some laps. Isn't that just like a mom to make it all ok? I bet she'll make me some hot cocoa too.

1 comment:

Jessica Marie said...

Have a nice trip my dear :D