Friday, February 13, 2009

Best.Wife.Ever

Every year my husband and I have a tradition on Valentine's Day. We make an agreement that we will not buy each other anything. He then ignores the agreement and buys me something amazing. I then feel like a schmuck.

This year I really wanted to get him. We made our traditional agreement. He even called me today to confirm that we are sticking to the agreement. I, however, knowing how he always breaks this agreement, ordered him something online. It is supposed to arrive Monday, which is NOT on Valentine's Day, so technically, I'm still sticking to the agreement.

I get a call from my beloved this afternoon to ask if I had bought something online. I think to myself "wow, that got here quick!" I stutter "y ye yeah, why?" He then lets me know that there is a charge on HIS card. Suddenly memory of the whole ordering process flashes before my eyes. I was in a hurry. I was just clicking buttons. I FRACKING USED HIS CARD TO BUY HIS SURPRISE VALENTINE'S DAY PRESENT! I explain what happened to my husband.

After he picks himself off the floor, gasping for air, he says "so let me get this right. You lied right to my face about our agreement when I called you today, you bought me a present from a discount store online AND you used my credit card to do it?"

Silence. Silence. Silence. I giggle. "Surprise?"

I'm totally the best.wife.ever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alexa and I are giggling with you, NOT AT you. ;-)

vanilla said...

OMG I love you. You crack me up. I am sure this was a real surprise for him and let him know why he loves you. You help keep much humor in his life.

Unknown said...

I'm laughing at you. Not with you. At you. I wouldn't have done it any better myself. Hope he loves it!! : )