Monday, October 27, 2008

A Sprinkle a Day

My friend Beth is basically me, but on delay. She was my replacement at my old news station. She stayed for two years, and just like me, left for the world of PR. I will be celebrating my 1st wedding anniversary in about a week. I got married at The Brown. Check out the wedding photos.
Photobucket
In about two weeks, she will be getting married at The Brown. Anyway, it was a great excuse for the girls to get together and throw Miss Beth a Sprinkle. Here she is getting a hand made wreath from Kerri.
Photobucket
I don't have a better pic because I am having camera issues. Deal with it.

She is looking fabulous and I am hoping to start looking fabulous with my new adventure in boot camp. I started yesterday and won the coveted 2lb weight award for my awesome lunges. Truth be told, I got the award because I have shorty little legs, but coach thought I was just trying really hard. I'll take it. Here it is in all its glory. I doubt I will get it again, but for now, rekinize biotches!
Photobucket
It was extremely hard getting up. I ate some hard boiled eggs which would prove to be a huge mistake later as projectile vomiting in the morning is not encouraged in this particular boot camp. Luckily, I held them down and got home. After a hot shower and a 20 minute nap, I forced myself out of bed and on to work. Tomorrow would be a new day.

I knew today was cardio day and thus, I tried to think of many reasons not to go. I spent most of the night tossing and turning about it, racking up a glorious 4 hours of slumber. After the alarm went off at 4:30 a.m., the next couple of minutes went like this.

4:30 Turn off alarm
4:33 Tell myself I didn't get sleep and I can't face the day without sleep
4:35 Lure my cat to my pillow and grab her for warmth
4:38 Hold my cat and convince myself that I need to be a better cat mom, and staying in bed holding her is part of that.
4:40 Quit making excuses, creep out of bed.
4:45 Put on clothes.
4:50 Sit on floor and eat yogurt. Here comes the cat again. This is obviously a sign that I should stay home.
5am Out the door into the freezing cold

I knew I should have stayed in bed. This morning was effing cold and effing hard. Cardio day folks. I think at one point one of my left lung blew out of my nostril, but my heart was beating so hard I didn't want to stop to look for fear the motion of my head would make me faint. I know all this activity is to help my heart, but after this morning, I'm not sure my heart is a friend of mine. I'm also having some real soreness in my legs. They are turning on me too. Good lord, this is only the second day.