Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Put a sock in it

My husband once told me that walking is the one exercise that won't cost me a thing. Always doing my best to prove him wrong, I have bought an ipod, a nike+ kit and expensive running shoes. He seems to believe that I can't do anything without spending money. He's probably right. It's not the economy causing money trouble, it's walking. Make a note kids.

My newest obsession is Bolega socks. I can't do distances without them. I have tried to go back to my good old Hanes Dry socks, but I just can't. I did four miles yesterday with my old socks and voila, blister city. I sure as hell am not doing seven miles tonight without my Bolegas. Of all the things I never expected to get hooked on. Socks. Wow. Who knew.

Adding to my financial downfall, I have committed to a pricey trip to San Francisco with my girls to be in the Nike Women's Marathon. It is not until October, so I have plenty of time to save. Neener. So for those who want to judge me, read the headline of this post.

No comments: