Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cirque de Katrin-Nu

Tonight I went to go see Cirque Dreams with my buddy Laci at the Kentucky Center. I asked my husband if he was interested in going with me next week. I believe his response was "Cirque de Soliel is French and gay and wet and on fire all at the same time."

(I'll tell you, what I saw tonight was not French, wet or on fire.)

He continued "If I want to see a guy blow a sea lion while doing a handstand under water, they have videos of those sorts of things."

(I must have missed the sea lion bit but then again, I was trying to recover from seeing a woman shove her face between her own ass cheeks.)

"When drag queens are bored and horny, they think of Cirque de Soliel."

(I'm sure had I gone to the cast party, I would be able to tell you if indeed they do.)

The show was definitely amusing. I also learned that at the Kentucky Center, any show, no matter what, can get a standing O. You just have to hold the final bow long enough. That is when we realize that we'd better stand or you will never let us go home.

There was a great deal of talent. The cast obviously had to train for many years to be able to perform blah, blah, blah. Yeah, I even stopped listening to myself while spouting that.

I'm starting my own show called Cirque de Katri-Nu. It will be me and my cat Gaia Nu Nu dressed up and posing. She can stick her face between her butt cheeks too. I've seen her do it. Maybe if I dressed her in bright spandex people would pay to see it.

1 comment:

Laci said...

Where's my cool nickname.

*sniff*

I guess you don't love me...