Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Gonna Dress Me Up in my Love

When the new year rolls around, a lot of people get really excited and take the "glass half full" outlook on life. Not me. I'm wading around in a nasty puddle of blah. My good ol' insomnia tendencies have returned and now my husband says he "caught" my insomnia, like it is the plague. Well, to be fair, it is really close to the plague without all the fun bonfires and such.

I'm trying to attack it head on by looking at what I have coming up this year. First off, we are going to put a black man in the White House. I wonder if one day we'll put a Polipino in a tan house and raise little white children. See how it all comes full circle? Anyway, I'm going to the Bluegrass Ball which is supposed to be the shizzle. I, of course, needed a ball gown. Believe it or not, I didn't just have one handy, so I got one. Check it.
Photobucket
I also found this little number.
Photobucket
Photobucket
When I breath real hard, it looks like I'm smuggling midgets. What kind of crunches do you do to make your boobs smaller?

I have officially started to train for the mini marathon in April. I did two miles tonight before heading to my weight lifting class. This leads me to another thing I hate about the new year, people crowding the gym. I went right after work and I ended up with the treadmill in the cardio theater in the front row that wobbles back and forth. I couldn't tell if I was getting sick from the motion or the crappy Richard Gere flick they were torturing me with.

When I got to weight lifting class, I discovered that two holidays make the teacher store up torture. She was on fi-yah today. During the tricep workout, I actually thought I might drop the bar on my face. Oh well, it is all for the sake of looking pretty in my new dress, er, um, I mean health. Yes, for the sake of health.
Photobucket
I am a puh-pay and I approve of this message.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the teal one! You look so great! I also appreciate the puppy. It was a nice closing. : ) I noticed the same overcrowding in my yoga classes, as well as teacher torture to bring in the new year. I really thought my hip was dislocated in pigeon pose and the teacher had to rescue me out of it. You can stop laughing now. At me, not with me.

Jessica Marie said...

I totally love the blue dress. :D

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm voting for the teally-bluish get-up, too. The cut of the shoulder straps is wicked flattering though the black and white is equally stunning.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kat! It's Alexa, your favorite! I just wanted to let you know that you're so pretty! Love you!

Jesse said...

Holy crap, that blue dress looks even better on! You should wear it everywhere, like to the grocery and stuff.

Maisy said...

Teal dress = hot! I wish I was wearing it right now, at 7:16 a.m. on a Sunday.