Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Here we go again

So we finally got that nonsense of running, scratch that, limping through the mini marathon. So what's next? Running for real a mini marathon. My gal pals are gearing up for some full on marathon action. I'm proud as can be of them, but my goals are set on keeping a pace for another mini. We start training at the end of June, but because I am so far behind them, I'm starting a bit early.

By the end of June the goal is to be able to run four miles comfortably. Right now, I can run about 2 miles uncomfortably. If the end of June comes and I'm running four miles uncomfortably, so be it as long as I can run it.

Over the past few days, I've been really stressed out, so I've been turning to an evening jog to work out my grief. It has been working pretty well as the world seems like a calmer place after a few miles. I have also found out that if I just tone down the jogging and don't try to win any speed races, I can actually do more than I thought I could. I have been pushing too hard and running out of steam too quickly. I will have to build that endurance, but Rome was not built in a day!

1 comment:

Kate8085 said...

Get it, girl. So proud of you! You are kicking so much ass.
(If you ever need me to show up at the park for support, I will scream encouraging words at you in between puffs and sips of coffee.)